Our current training courses are:
- Safety First Training Progamme – A theraputic training course for adoptive parents – Download our information leaflet.
- Just Right State Programme – The JRSP is a six-week parent/child programme, where the child is offered opportunities to experience and engage in a range of regulating activities – Download our information leaflet.
These training programmes can be funded by the Adoption Support Fund (ASF). Find out more: http://www.first4adoption.org.uk/adoption-support/adoption-support-fund
We also can provide bespoke training in the following key areas:
- Preparing children for adoption/permanence for social workers and foster carers
- Attachment focused parenting for Adoptive parents and foster carers.
- The Understanding and Application of Attachment Theory in Adoption and Fostering.
- Adolescent Development and Attachment.
- Supporting children for adoption/permanence for social workers and foster carers.
- Attachment focused parenting for foster carers.
- Attachment and trauma informed teaching approaches for schools.
- Parenting for Attachment and Resilience for adoptive parents.
- Individually designed training packages for groups of parents and professionals.
Our training is designed to meet the needs of small work groups who wish to enrich their level of understanding and competence.
We offer small supervision groups to professionals and carers working with children and young people with complex needs. The aim of these groups is to promote the understanding and management of challenging and confusing behaviour.