Latest Adoption & Special Guardianship Leadership Board data on adoption
Published by CVAA | 17 August 2018
Quarter 1 and Quarter 2 ASGLB data for 2017/18 is now available
The ASGLB data return is completed by every local authority, voluntary adoption agency, and regional adoption agency in England on a quarterly basis. The latest publicly available data covers the period up to 30 September 2017. This data covers all local authorities and VAAs in England.
The key headlines for Quarter 1 are:
- The number of children waiting at the end of June 2017 was 2460. This is a 0.4% decrease from March 2017 when there were 2470 children waiting with a placement order not yet placed.
- There were 900 placement orders granted in quarter 1; a decrease of 16% from March 2017 when there were 1070.
- There were 790 registrations to become an adopter in quarter 1; a decrease of 17% from March 2017 when there were 950 registrations in quarter 4.
- The number of families approved for adoption has declined from 710 in quarter 4 2017/18 to 570 in quarter 1 2017/18; a decrease of 20%.
The key headlines for Quarter 2 are:
- The number of children waiting at the end of September 2017 was 2550. This is a 4% decrease from June 2017 when there were 2650 children waiting with a placement order not yet placed.
- There were 870 placement orders granted in quarter 2; a decrease of 17% from June 2017 when there were 1050.
- Registrations to become an adopter have remained the same at 790 per quarter
- The number of families approved for adoption has increased from 570 in quarter 1 2017/18 to 680 in quarter 2 2017/18; an increase of 19%.
For previous releases of the Adoption and Special Guardianship Leadership Board quarterly reports published by the DfE please visit – DfE Adoption System Performance
NB: Please note that the quarter 1 data is updated with the quarter 2 data so figures may differ in the Headline Measures and Business Intelligence quarterly reports
This article was originally published by CVAA here.